The Sherman Drive church of Christ is a congregation of Christians dedicated to following the simple gospel of Jesus Christ. We profess no denominational affiliation, instead urging all believers to go back to the Bible as the ultimate authority and guide for spiritual life. We know that those who "walked in the light" in the beginning of the church walked with Christ; therefore, if we believe what they believed, practice as they practiced, and teach as they taught, we will be what they were: simply Christians.
Jesus came into the world to seek and save the lost; He gave Himself at Golgotha to redeem "whosoever will" from the consequences of sin; He came so that we can enjoy truly abundant life, in Him; and He promised to build a church. At Sherman Drive, we are striving to be that church.
GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION
- Hear - Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
- Believe - John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Repent - Acts 17:30 "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent"
- Confess - Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- Baptized - Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
- Faithful - Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."